Our leading genetic testing panel for both pedigreed and mixed-breed cats includes 40+ genetic health tests, plus blood type, along with traits and genetic diversity.
Powered by Wisdom Panel™, MyCatDNA™ provides breeders with the most comprehensive test of its kind. We’ve taken the latest scientific research on cat population genetics and developed a simple and easy at–home swab test that screens for multiple diseases and traits while also evaluating genetic diversity. This kind of testing can provide advantages over traditional techniques such as pedigree analysis and help breeders to develop proactive, sustainable breeding programs.
- Results for over 40 genetic diseases, reported in terms of known relevance to the specific breed evaluated.
- Testing for 20+ traits including coat colors, coat types, and morphology.
- Testing for blood type
- Genetic diversity information for the tested cat, and the overall breed population
- Continuously updated research and breed information based on new discoveries
MyCatDNA™ DNA service for cats is a genome-wide genetic analysis that gives information on several inherited characteristics. All received DNA test results are reported online to your user account in the secured MyCatDNA™ database.
Included Health Tests
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 1)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 2)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 3)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 4)
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria (Variant 5) - NEW!
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome
- Blood Type
- Burmese Head Defect
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome (Discovered in Persian cats) - NEW!
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome
- Cystinuria Type 1A
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 1)
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 2)
- Cystinuria Type B (Variant 3)
- Dihydropyrimidinase Deficiency
- Earfold and Osteochondrodysplasia (Discovered in the Scottish Fold)
- Factor XII Deficiency (Variant 1)
- Factor XII Deficiency (Variant 2) - NEW!
- Familial Episodic Hypokalaemic Polymyopathy (Discovered in Burmese)
- Glutaric Aciduria Type II - NEW!
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- GM1 Gangliosidosis
- GM2 Gangliosidosis
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in Burmese cats) - NEW!
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in domestic shorthair cats)
- GM2 Gangliosidosis, type II (Discovered in japanese domestic cats)
- Hemophilia B (Variant 1)
- Hemophilia B (Variant 2)
- Hyperoxaluria type II
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (Discovered in Maine Coon)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (Discovered in Ragdoll)
- Hypotrichosis (Discovered in Sacred Birman)
- Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VI (G1558A variant) - NEW!
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VI (T1427C variant)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VII
- Mucopolysaccharidosis VII
- Multidrug Resistance 1
- Myotonia Congenita
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (rdAc-PRA)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (Discovered in Bengal cats)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (Discovered in Persian cats) - NEW!
- Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency
- Sphingomyelinosis (Variant 1)
- Sphingomyelinosis (Variant 2)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Vitamin D-Dependent Rickets
Included Trait Tests
Agouti (A) Locus:
- Charcoal (Apb)
- Non-Agouti (a)
Brown (B) Locus:
- Chocolate (b)
- Cinnamon (bl)
Color (C) Locus:
- Colorpoint (cb)
- Colorpoint (cs)
- Mocha (cm) - NEW!
- Albinism (c)
Extension (E) Locus:
- Amber (e)
- Russet (er)
Dilution (D) Locus:
- Dilution (d)
- Gloves (Birman - White feet)
- White Spotting/Dominant White
Other Coat Types:
- Glitter coat - NEW and EXCLUSIVE to Wisdom Health
- Hairlessness (Discovered in Sphynx)
- Long hair (mutation M1)
- Long hair (mutation M2)
- Long hair (mutation M3)
- Long hair (mutation M4)
- Lykoi coat (mutation Ca) - NEW!
- Lykoi coat (mutation VA) - NEW!
- Rexing (discovered in Cornish Rex and German Rex)
- Rexing (discovered in Devon Rex)
- Short tail (discovered in Japanese Bobtail cats)
- Short tail (discovered in Manx), two variants
- Polydactyly (mutation HW)
- Polydactyly (mutation UK1)
- Polydactyly (mutation UK2)